In the modern era of endless possibilities, what you can do is only determined by how big you can dream.
One such field that has broken walls and shattered glass ceilings is the field of cosmetic and plastic surgery. Genes do not determine your appearance anymore. Advances in medical and surgical sciences have brought you treatments and procedures that provide visible results and ensure safety.
The first impression you make at any interaction is often with your face. For most people, their looks and appearance is genetically determined. The nose, being the center of the face, is the center of attention as well. A well-defined nose with sharp angles, projection and contour enhances your attractiveness. It gives a striking first impression and looks great on selfies!
However, not everyone is born with a sharp pointy nose and no amount of natural effort can change how it looks. If you have been wondering about a possible way to define the contour of your nose to achieve a sharp nasal tip and high nasal bridge, the Nose Thread Lift treatment in Singapore may be the answer!
Understand How Hiko Thread Nose Lift Works
The Hiko Thread Nose Lift is a non-surgical nose augmentation procedure enhances the nose bridge and tip with surgical sutures. The term Hiko actually translates into high, which refers to a higher nose bridge and ko which means nose in Korean. As the name explains, Hiko Thread Nose Lift (also known as Korean Thread Lift) enhances the nose through mechanical lifting.
In this non-surgical nose augmentation procedure, cosmetic surgeons use poly-dioxanone (PDO) threads. Poly-dioxanone threads are 100% absorbed in 6-8 months by the body. PDO threads stimulate the synthesis of collagen to elevate the nose bridge and tip.
Every individual requires a different number of PDO threads as the anatomy of their nose, and cosmetic requirements are different. After the procedures, the results are immediately visible. The threads form a scaffold that gives your nose bridge more height and projection.
How Can Nose Fillers Enhance The Shape Of The Nose?
Fillers when injected underneath the skin can plump up the skin or molded to provide support to existing bone structure for augmenting the shape of the nose. Depending on the results one wish to achieve, dermal fillers can be used to smooth out bumps on the bridge, enhance the height of the bridge or create a pointier nose tip.
Hylauronic acid or Calcium hydroxyapatite are some of the commonly used fillers for non-surgical nose augmentation, and these are bio-compatible substances which can be broken down by the body over time. The results from nose filler treatment are immediate and they typically last for 9 to 12 months.
Nose Fillers Vs. Thread Lift: Which Is Better?
Surgical augmentation of the nose, also known as rhinoplasty, comes with various side effects and lengthy downtime. The general tendency among individuals is to prefer quick yet effective procedures and provide lasting results.
Fillers and Thread Lift in Singapore are the two most trending non-surgical nose augmentation procedures. The excellent efficacy, minimal downtime, and affordability of these procedures win the confidence of most people.
Let’s compare the two most trending nose augmentation procedures to make it easier to come to a decision.
Here are the pros, cons, and limitations of Nose Fillers.
- Takes only 15-30 minutes
- Suitable for any nose shape
- Results are immediate
- Little to no pain
- Quick recovery rate with no follow-up visits
- Safe as well as reversible
- Temporary results lasting for 6-18 months
- Does not improve breathing problems or structural issues
- May spread sideways resulting in broader looking nose bridge
- Although it is rare, wrongly injected filler into an artery may result in vascular complications, causing skin necrosis or blindness
Nose Thread Lift
Now let’s look at the pros, cons of the nose thread lift.
- Takes less than 1 hour, mostly 30-45 minutes
- Results are immediate
- More ideal for those who wish to achieve a narrower nose bridge
- No risk of nose bridge broadening
- Quick recovery rate with no follow-up visits
- Vascular complications are less likely to occur
- Results are temporary lasting for 1-2 years
- Not suitable for nose with dorsal humps or severe deviation
- Results are irreversible.
Hiko Nose Thread Lift Aftercare
Hiko Thread Nose Lift is a non-invasive augmentation procedure. In most cases, there is hardly any downtime associated with the treatment, except for mild swelling and tenderness on the treatment site. In a small percentage of cases, there may be mild bruising which will subside over the next few days.
The non-invasive nature allows you to go back to your everyday life without worrying much. However, there are a few things that you need to be cautious about.
Here is a list of after-care points you need have to keep in mind!
- You can go back to work on the same day. However, if your job requires strenuous physical requitements, then it is recommended that you take a day off.
- Avoid washing and wetting the treated area for the first few hours after treatment as the skin threads entry point needs some time to heal. Hours later, you can shower and cleanse your face normally but do not rub, massage, or scrub the treated area.
- You can continue a basic skin-care routine comprising washing, drying, and moisturizing as long as you avoid application of those products over the entry point.
- You can apply makeup after 48 hours.
- Resume light exercises, such as walking and jogging, after 1 week. As far as mild-strenuous activities which require head below heart level, such as yoga, are concerned, you can continue them after 7 days.
- You can go back to swimming and saunas after the sutures heal entirely.
You are one step away from achieving the perfectly contoured nose you desire! Hiko Nose Thread Lift is a quick lunchtime procedure that takes less than 1 hour. You can go back to work the same day with a lovely nose.
Where Should I Start?
A consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon will help you evaluate the possible options for your ideal nose. Our plastic surgeon at Dream Aesthetics & Plastic Surgery will assess your concerns and determine the most beneficial strategy to reshape, sculpt and straighten your nose.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.