Buccal Fat Removal
0.5 – 1 Hour
5 – 7 Days
7 Days Post-op
What is buccal fat removal?
Buccal fat removal surgery is a simple procedure meant to remove facial fat, reducing the volume of the cheek. It is also known as cheek reduction, and the goal is to remove the fat in the cheek hollows to improve the contour of the jawline and enhance the appearance of the cheekbones. Buccal fat removal in Singapore is popular among people with chubby cheeks, those with the typical baby face. After the procedure, cheeks look smaller and slim, with a more chiselled appearance.
Who needs buccal fat removal?
Buccal fat removal procedures are mostly recommended for:
- Anyone who wants to reduce volume in the cheek area
- Individuals who wish to adopt a sculpted facial contour
- Those who are looking after a smaller-looking and slimmer face
Buccal Fat Removal Surgery Method
Buccal fat removal is typically completed within one hour. This procedure is relatively quick and painless, with incisions hidden inside the mouth to avoid leaving any visible scars on the face. The typical steps include the following:
- An incision is made inside the mouth to reach the inner portion of each cheek. The incision will be located near the second upper molars.
- The first structure encountered after making the incision is the buccinator muscle. The surgeon will cut the muscle to work properly on the buccal fat.
- By making outside pressure, the surgeon squeezes buccal fat, which then exits through the incision on each side.
- The structures and the incision inside the mouth are sutured.
It is also possible to combine cheek reduction procedures with other cosmetic surgeries to improve the look of the face or further enhance the facial contours.