Learn how we can help you reverse aging signs.
What Is The Process Of Skin Aging?
Having saggy cheeks?
Are you feeling the effects of gravity on your facial skin?
As we age, the skin also ages and undergoes a few changes that soon become visible not only on the face but the entire body surface. Firstly, the fat deposits below the skin decrease, resulting in loosening of the skin, specifically in areas like cheeks, forehead, under eyes, etc.
Eventually, the epidermal layer of the skin becomes thin, and the number of melanocytes, i.e., the pigment-producing cells, decreases. Consequently, the skin becomes translucent and pale. Age spots or “liver spots” start appearing in the area exposed to the sun.
The quantity of collagen and elastin decreases considerably, and this eventually causes the skin to lose its strength and elasticity. The condition is known as elastosis and is more commonly observed in sun-exposed areas. As the skin becomes leathery, it changes the entire look of a person.
With time the blood vessels in the dermis also become fragile and tend to bleed under the skin more often. This leads to senile purpura or bruising. In addition, the sebaceous glands also start producing less oil making the skin dry and itchy.
What Causes Your Skin To Age Faster?
These are a few of the factors that play a crucial role in speeding the process of skin-aging:
Signs that show your skin is aging faster
Rough & Dry Texture
Dark Under Eyes
Open & Visible Pores
What Is Fractional RF (FRF)?
This is how fractional RF treatment mode works:
- Electromagnetic waves: Emits a low-frequency electromagnetic wave that penetrates the skin to a depth of about 2-3mm. This energy stimulates the cells in the dermis, the layer of skin beneath the surface, to produce new collagen and elastin.
- Radio frequency energy: Delivers RF energy to the skin. This energy heats the dermal tissue, which triggers the body’s natural healing response and leads to the production of new collagen fibers. The RF energy is delivered in a controlled and targeted way, so that the surrounding tissue is not damaged.
How is Fractional RF (FRF) Treatment Performed?
Fractional RF treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment that is performed in a clinical setting by a trained and certified doctor. Here’s what you can expect during fractional RF treatment.
Before the treatment, the skin will be cleansed and application of topical numbing cream to minimize any discomfort.
2. Application of fractional RF device
The fractional RF device will be applied to the skin in the treatment area. The device emits electromagnetic waves and RF energy through micro-needling mechanism to stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin.
During the treatment, the fractional RF device will be moved across the skin in a systematic pattern to ensure that all areas are treated evenly. The treatment is not typically painful, but some patients may experience a mild sensation of warmth or tingling as the energy is delivered to the skin. The entire procedure of fractional RF treatment takes a maximum of 30 – 60 minutes.
After the treatment is completed, soothing moisturiser and sunblock will be applied to the skin. Patients may experience some redness or mild swelling immediately after the treatment, but this typically subsides within a few hours.
Fractional RF treatment is typically performed in a series of sessions to achieve the desired results. The number of treatments required will depend on the individual patient’s skin condition and goals.
Overall, fractional RF treatment is a relatively quick treatment that can be performed in a clinical setting without the need for anesthesia or extensive downtime. It is generally considered safe and effective for most skin types.
Who Is Suitable For Fractional RF (FRF) Treatment?
Fractional RF treatment is generally suitable for individuals who are looking to improve the appearance of their skin and address issues related to aging, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone.
Fine lines & Wrinkles
Uneven Skin tone
Acne & Acne Scars
However, there are some factors that may make an individual a better candidate for fractional RF treatment than others.
- Mild to moderate skin aging: Suitable for individual with mild to moderate signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
- Good skin elasticity: Fractional RF treatment is most suitable for individuals with good skin elasticity, as it stimulates collagen production to tighten and firm the skin.
- Generally healthy skin: Fractional RF treatment is safe for most skin types, but individuals with certain skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis, may not be good candidates for the treatment.
- No active infections or inflammation: Individuals with active infections or inflammation in the treatment area may need to wait until the condition has cleared up before undergoing fractional RF treatment.
- Realistic expectations: Individuals should have realistic expectations for the treatment and understand that multiple sessions may be required to achieve their desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions?
The results of fractional RF treatment can vary depending on a number of factors, including the individual’s age, skin condition, and lifestyle habits. In general, the results of fractional RF treatment can last for several months to a year or more, especially with proper skin care and maintenance.
As collagen production naturally decreases with age, and environmental factors such as sun exposure, smoking, and poor diet can also impact the health and appearance of the skin. As a result, some individuals may require periodic fractional RF touch-up treatments to maintain their results.
It is important to note that fractional RF treatment is not a one-time fix and maintenance treatments may be needed to prolong the results. In addition, a proper skincare routine and healthy lifestyle habits are important to help maintain the results of the treatment.
The number of fractional RF treatment sessions needed varies depending on the individual’s skin condition, concerns, and desired results. Typically, a series of 3 to 6 treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart is recommended for optimal results.
However, an initial consultation with a certified doctor is necessary for him/her to advise on the optimal treatment plan base on your severity of the skin concerns, skin type, and age to determine the number of sessions needed to achieve the desired results.