Located at the center of the face, the nose plays a huge role in a person’s appearance. Therefore, many would want to make changes to enhance one’s attractiveness.
The shape of your nose is not something you can work on with a good diet and exercise. How your nose appears is predetermined by generations and generations of genetic code passed down to you. But here’s the good news! Just because your genes gave you your nose, that doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. Modern aesthetic treatments and surgical procedures provide you the opportunity to tweak your nose and make it attractive.
You can fix the angle and shape of your nose with a non-surgical nose job in Singapore. Surprisingly, a non-surgical nose job is one of the most common cosmetic procedures. Thanks to dermal nose fillers and Korean nose thread lift, you can make instant rectifications without much downtime!
This article provides everything you need to know about fillers and Hiko nose thread lift in Singapore.
Dermal Fillers – What Is It?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty, or nose filler treatment uses dermal fillers (usually hyaluronic acid) to sculpt and enhance contours. This ingredient is injected underneath the skin in targeted areas where you desire smooth coverage with better volume and lines.
This gel-like substance is a remarkable ingredient for non-surgical rhinoplasty because it has the tendency to hold its shape and settle in the injected site. Dermal fillers can help to improve asymmetrical appearance, raise nose bridge, define nose tip, lift drooping nasal tip, and conceal dorsal hump.
- The procedure takes only 15 minutes. It is also called lunchtime nose job as you can get it done during lunch break and return to work immediately after.
- The results are immediate.
- You see yourself in a mirror during the whole procedure as this procedure does not require anesthesia.
- The procedure has a quick recovery rate with no follow-up visits required most of the time.
- The procedure is very safe and reversible. If the results don’t satisfy you, the injections of hyaluronidase dissolve the filler.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty is affordable.
- The procedure provides temporary results that last for few months or up to a year.
- This procedure does not improve breathing problems.
- Side effects/Complications:
- Blocking a blood vessel when the filler is wrongly injected into an artery.
- Blocking a blood vessel can cause blindness
- Blocking a blood vessel can cause skin necrosis.
Consult a well-trained and experienced cosmetic surgeon to prevent the side effects mentioned above.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty can’t fix breathing problems.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty can’t fix extremely distorted, fractured, or crooked noses.
- An ideal candidate must not wear glasses. After the procedure, avoid wearing glasses for the first few days as unnecessary pressure may augment the fillers position or shape.
Nose Thread Lift – What Is It?
Nose thread lift is a cosmetic procedure that uses Polydioxanone threads. Polydioxanone is a 100% absorbable and biodegradable thread. These threads are aligned along the nasal bridge to provide height and projection to the nasal septum. Polydioxanone threads also stimulate the synthesis of collagen to provide lift in height.
- The procedure takes less than 30 minutes
- The effect can be localized with threads, unlike fillers which can seep into other locations.
- Unlike fillers, it prevents broadening of nose bridge over time
- The results are immediate. No waiting for weeks!
- You are not under anesthesia, so you can see the progress yourself in a mirror.
- The procedure has a quick recovery rate with no follow-up visits needed.
- Thread lift in Singapore is quite affordable.
- The results are temporary, lasting between 9 months to a year.
- This procedure is not suitable for all types of nose shape and may need to be combined with fillers for best results
- Those who had surgical rhinoplasty in the past are not eligible for Korean nose thread lift.
- Hiko nose thread lift can’t fix dorsal humps and severely crooked nose.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot correct functional abnormalities such as;
- Sleep apnea
- Breathing difficulties.
Non-surgical treatment options can only help to enhance the aesthetic look and are not capable of fixing functional concerns such as breathing problems or nose deviation. Hence, if one wish to fix both aesthetic and functional concerns permanently, they should look into surgical rhinoplasty.
What Is Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, typically known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure that involves altering and modifying the bone and cartilage of the nose to enhance the functional and cosmetic appeal. In some cases, implants are also used to improve the overall look. This surgical intervention is employed to repair nose damage after an accident, manage congenital defects and alleviate cosmetic concerns. However, rhinoplasty procedure does have its pros and cons as well.
- The results are permanent.
- Able to augment or enhance most types of concerns
- Able to reduce nose size effectively which is not possible with non-surgical treatments.
- This procedure can address congenital defects and abnormalities, breathing issues and cosmetic concerns in one session.
- More drastic aesthetic improvements can be achieved with surgical correction.
- The procedure is not quick. It takes 1-2 hours or longer.
- The results are not immediate. It takes few months to fully enjoy the desired results.
- The recovery takes 14 days or longer
- Post-surgery recovery period required careful lifestyle modifications.
- The procedure is not entirely reversible.
- Rhinoplasty is mostly considered as an elective procedure that is not covered under insurance.
- Thick skin is a challenge in nose tip refinement.
- Thin skin is a challenge too! The post-surgery irregularities can be visible.
- Tip and bridge augmentation is possible according to the extent to which the skin stretches.
Non-Surgical Vs. Surgical Rhinoplasty – Which Is Better?
Depending On Condition
1.Any functional issues
Dermal nose fillers and Hiko nose thread lifts do not improve functional issues. Surgical rhinoplasty is the only way to manage congenital breathing abnormalities and other functional problems. Now you know what to choose in which condition!
2.How many aesthetic changes are you looking at, and if it is achievable without surgery?
Korean thread lift and nose filler provide worthy aesthetical changes. Since you are never under anesthesia, you are in control to see the progress. From enhancing the definition to improving the nasal contour, you can achieve it without opting for high-risk cosmetic surgery.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is temporary but remember, it is reversible. The results may not satisfy you after the procedure. In that case, hyaluronidase injections can dissolve the fillers, and you can go back to the original unattended shape. You can begin again!
What would happen if you choose surgical rhinoplasty and the results don’t satisfy you? A revision rhinoplasty does exist, but the risks are even higher.
Assess Other factors
1.Longevity of results
Do you desire life-long results? If yes, go for surgical rhinoplasty. If no, then choose non-surgical rhinoplasty. Keep in mind the pros, cons, and limitations!
2. Fit for a surgery
Before any surgery, a patient’s health condition is assessed to ensure that they are fit for surgery. Prior to minor surgeries like rhinoplasty, it is usually recommended to rule out any bleeding disorders, current infections, cardiac abnormalities, and other co-morbidities such as heart failure and hepatitis.
3. What level of invasiveness you are comfortable with
Let’s first understand what the word invasiveness means here. In surgery, a procedure requires an incision, cutting, puncturing, and inserting the instruments. This is invading the targeted area.
If you are comfortable with incisions in parts of your nose, cutting, bleeding, inserting instruments, and slit plates, then surgical rhinoplasty would work for you.
If you don’t want to go under a knife and prefer keeping the procedure to a minimum, non-surgical rhinoplasty is the right option.
4. Risks associated with the procedure
Both surgical and non-surgical rhinoplasty is associated with some risks. It is necessary to understand the risks beforehand. Go through all side effects of surgical and non-surgical nose jobs mentioned earlier before proceeding to make a decision.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is more affordable than surgical rhinoplasty. Since surgical rhinoplasty is an elective procedure, your insurance is not likely to provide you coverage.
6. Associated downtime
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a minimally invasive technique that has little to no downtime. You can go back to work and continue your routine chores after the procedure.
However, surgical rhinoplasty has significant downtime of 2-3 weeks. Swelling, bruising, pain, and discomfort are commonly associated with the recovery of a surgical nose job. You can’t return to work and resume your daily routine after this surgery. You will need ample rest and relaxation before you feel good enough.
Non-surgical nose job is a minimally invasive procedure which is an effective procedure to improve nasal definition, projection, and elevation. Nose fillers and Hiko nose thread lift in Singapore remain the most trusted, hence most popular, nasal cosmetic procedures. The minimum side-effects and easy-on-pocket nature of this cosmetic procedure make it an absolute choice in Singapore.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.