The nose has a central position on the face, and its size and shape have a great impact on an individual’s appearance. A universally attractive nose is symmetrical and provides balance and harmony to the face. However, everyone cannot be born with an ideal nose. That’s why people undergo various surgical and non-surgical procedures to improve the appearance of their nose.
Rhinoplasty is one such surgical nose job procedure that is being used all around the globe for therapeutic and cosmetic purposes. It is a costly procedure; therefore, people think twice before spending on rhinoplasty and are pretty confused at times. This article answers all the questions related to the cost of rhinoplasty in Singapore; whether rhinoplasty is worth the money or not; and when it is more rationale to spend money on rhinoplasty instead of any other non-surgical nose job.
What Is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a surgical nose job treatment used to enhance the aesthetic appearance of the nose, and can also address medical conditions which interfere with the normal functions of the nose.
Based on the application, rhinoplasty treatments have been broadly classified into the following types;
- Cosmetic Rhinoplasty
- Medical or Corrective Rhinoplasty
- Revision Rhinoplasty
What Is The Rhinoplasty Cost In Singapore?
Depending on a number of factors, the rhinoplasty cost in Singapore is variable and ranges from $6000 to $20,000.
What Determines The Price Of Rhinoplasty In Singapore?
Multiple factors determine the final cost of rhinoplasty in Singapore. These include;
- Type And Complexity Of Rhinoplasty – simple implant rhinoplasty will cost you less as compared to complex procedures involving modification of alar, bridge, and the tip of the nose. It is because more time and skills are required for performing complex rhinoplasties.
- Experience And Skills Of The Surgeon – An experienced surgeon fee may be higher than someone with less experience.
- Revision Surgery – Scars and adhesions are formed during the healing process of rhinoplasty. So, when revision surgery is performed, the surgeon has to open up these adhesions, and then proceed to the rest of the procedure. Hence, revision rhinoplasty is more complex and costly.
- Type Of Anesthesia Used – Rhinoplasty done under general anesthesia will have a higher price than that of local anesthesia.
- Treatment Centre – The cost also depends upon the services provided at the treatment center as well as the locality of the clinic.
- Hospital Stay – Sometimes, after a complex rhinoplasty or when there are potential risks of complications, the patient needs monitoring and has to stay at the hospital for a night or so. In such cases, hospital expenditures will also be included in the final price.
- Medications – The price of post-operative medications will also be included in the bill.
- Follow-ups – The number of follow-ups after the surgery is also a price factor.
Is Rhinoplasty Worth The Money?
Rhinoplasty is a costly procedure. A question arises whether it is worth its price, or not. Well, rhinoplasty is not only a cosmetic surgery that improves the aesthetic appearance of the nose but also has several emotional, psychological, and health benefits. These benefits are described below;
Rhinoplasty helps in removing many aesthetic flaws of the nose and improves the overall appearance of the face. It can be used to address the following nose concerns;
Low or Flat Nose Bridge
A low-height nasal bridge makes your nose look flat and wide. This type of nose is particularly common in Asians. An augmentation rhinoplasty increases the height of the nasal bridge with the help of cartilaginous grafts or silicone implants.
Dorsal Hump Of Nose
Rhinoplasty can be used to trim the hump or bumps present on the dorsal aspect of the nose and can straighten your nose bridge.
Long Or Big Nose
Having a long or big nose is also considered unattractive. Moreover, such a nose may also have a droopy tip that hides the nostrils. A reduction rhinoplasty can be used to shorten the length of the nose and restore a more balanced proportion.
Short Nose With Over-Exposed Nostrils
People who have a short nose with prominent nostrils can also benefit from rhinoplasty. Several rhinoplasty techniques can be used depending upon the degree of the issue.
Rounded Or Bulbous Nose Tip
Sometimes, the shape of the lower nasal cartilage is such that it gives a rounded or bulbous appearance to the nose. Rhinoplasty removes the extra connective tissue and skin and makes the nose tip sharp, pointed, and more defined.
The size and shape of the nostrils can also influence the overall look of the face. Adjustments can be made in the nostrils with the help of rhinoplasty, and a better proportion between the nasal bridge and base can be achieved.
The columella is the fold of skin present between the two nostrils. If it hangs below the level of the nostrils, it gives a peculiar appearance to your nose. It can be easily corrected by rhinoplasty.
In some people, the nasal septum or the whole nose is bent to one side. It is known as crooked nose. Such a nose not only appears asymmetrical but also affects the function of the nose (discussed later). Both form and function issues can be addressed in a single rhinoplasty procedure.
Health Or Therapeutic Benefits
As mentioned earlier, medical or corrective rhinoplasty addresses medical issues and improves the function of your nose. The amazing health or therapeutic benefits rendered by rhinoplasty are as follow;
Breathing Becomes Easier
A smooth airflow or breathing requires a patent and wide open respiratory passage, but a deviated nasal septum or any other related anatomical anomaly of the nose can narrow down this passage and makes breathing difficult for you. Correcting the deviated nasal septum or widening the nostrils with rhinoplasty, for example, can resolve such breathing issues.
Better Sleep At Night
Troublesome breathing can interfere with your sleep patterns as well. Sleep apnea, sinus infections, sinus pressure headaches, etc, are all such medical conditions which can occur due to a narrow nasal passage or deviated nasal septum and affect your night sleep. A functional rhinoplasty can treat such conditions and allow you to have a good night’s sleep.
Rectify A Congenital Defect
Besides, there are some congenital birth defects, like cleft lip or palate can affect the appearance of the nose and that can be rectified with the help of rhinoplasty.
No matter whether you are undergoing rhinoplasty to improve the shape or function of the nose, this surgery will bring many emotional benefits it. Some of these are discussed below;
Change Your Perspective About Yourself
If you are not satisfied with the shape and appearance of your nose or dislike it, you might end up centering a lot of negative energy towards it. Rhinoplasty can bring you out of this self-hatred phase, and change your personal view about yourself.
Boost Self-Confidence And Self-Esteem
Once you start feeling good about how you look, it will reflect through your attitude. You will notice a significant increase in your self-confidence and self-esteem.
No More Bullying
An asymmetrical nose often becomes a matter of undue attention, talk, or bullying. It happens especially with school-going children and teens. The way other children make fun of the nose is very difficult for a kid to endure, and it may shatter his or her self-confidence. Rhinoplasty is a good solution to address this issue in extreme cases.
When And Why Spending Money On Rhinoplasty Is Better Than The Non-surgical Nose Jobs?
Here are a few conditions when it is better to spend money on rhinoplasty instead of going for non-surgical treatment options;
- When you want a permanent solution to your condition rather than undergoing repeated and maintenance sessions of non-surgical nose jobs every year. The results of rhinoplasty take time to become fully apparent but are permanent.
- When the previous non-surgical treatments have failed in attaining the desired outcomes.
- If you have nasal features like crooked, humped, wide nose, etc (mentioned above), that can be rectified only by surgery.
- When you have a condition that is interfering with normal functions of the nose, i.e. breathing, or serving as a risk factor for other nasal pathologies, for instance, the deviated nasal septum is the cause of recurrent attacks of rhinosinusitis.
Is Rhinoplasty Covered By Health Insurance
Rhinoplasty has both cosmetic and therapeutic applications. As long as you are undergoing this procedure to improve the function of your nose, and to treat a medical condition like cleft lip, cleft palate deviated nasal septum, etc, its expenses will be covered by the health insurance plans or Medisave.
On the other hand, if the purpose of undergoing rhinoplasty is solely related to the aesthetic enhancement of the nose, you will not be able to avail the benefits of health insurance policies.
Although rhinoplasty is an expensive surgical treatment, it has many aesthetic, therapeutic, and emotional benefits. Many a time, it is the only permanent solution to problems related to the structure and function of the nose. Health insurance plans cover the expenditures of rhinoplasty done for medical purposes.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.