No matter how much we like maturing with age, we hate those signs of aging that start appearing on our faces with time. Fine lines, wrinkles, saggy skin, acne spots, un-contoured jawline, and the list go on.
As we hit the late 30s, the natural production of collagen and elastin in our skin is reduced. It is what prevents the signs of aging and makes sure our skin is always glowing fresh. With the passing time, we lose the subcutaneous tissue in our facial skin, due to which the skin loses volume and gravitates downwards.
To treat all of these, doctors have come up with various treatment options that include invasive surgical procedures and non-invasive treatments such as Dermal Fillers. It helps lift and support the skin, to give a natural, fresh, and lifted look to the face.
Face fillers treatment in Singapore replace the lost volume when injected into the skin, also offering several other merits. First, there is hardly any downtime. Second, it doesn’t expose the skin to harmful radiations, and third, it eliminates the need to go under the knife.
What Are Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers Singapore is a gel-like substance made of different types of compounds injected into the skin layers. There are a few FDA-approved solutions that helps to smoothen and soften the skin, treating and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
The types of fillers commonly used in this face rejuvenation procedure include:
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA): It is a naturally found compound in your body, within the skin, and in cartilages. Depending on the texture of the filler, it can be used for skin hydration or for augmenting facial features. The results last for over 6 to 12 months. To reduce pain and discomfort, they are formulated with Lidocaine which used for pain control. Some widely used filler brands include Juvéderm XC, Voluma, Volbella, etc.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite: It is a mineral found within your bones and the results last for 12 to 18 months in general. They last longer due to the thicker consistency than HA fillers. Along with restoring lost volume, they also increase collagen production, and one known filler brand is Radiesse.
- Poly – L – Lactic Acid: It is a biocompatible and biodegradable synthetic compound that is safe to be injected into the body. This substance is sometime used to make surgical sutures as well. It increases natural collagen production and rebuilds the skin cells and effects from this injection gradually appear over the following months. Typically used for treating deep facial lines, results generally last for two years. A commonly used filler brand is Sculptra.
What Can You Use Dermal Fillers For?
Dermal fillers can almost be injected anywhere in the body and for the purposes as mentioned below:
A. Fine Lines And Wrinkles
Face fillers Singapore are injectable implants that add volume to the skin. As the underlying layers get fuller, they smooth out the creases and lines that are appearing on the face.
They fill in the sunken areas on the face and soften the static scars which appear around the mouth and eyes. They mimic the original structure of the skin and plump it up to give a natural and more youthful look.
They can be injected around the eyes to eliminate and treat crow’s feet, frown lines, forehead wrinkles and around the mouth for chin wrinkles, and marionette lines, etc. The result’s duration varies depending on the type of filler being used and how fast it gets absorbed in the body.
B. Facial Contouring
Another cosmetic procedure that involves the use of dermal fillers is facial contouring. It improves the symmetry, structure, and proportion of facial features, giving a natural aesthetic look to your face. As the soft gel is injected into the skin, it gives the target area volume and changes the facial structures.
For contouring your cheekbones, the filler can be injected on the highest mark of the cheekbone at three separate spots through small needles to lift that area and achieve prominent fuller cheeks.
Secondly, jawline fillers are used to give a sleek and slim jawline by injecting fillers through a cannula along the natural jawline to get rid of the round and chubby jawline.
Similarly, chin fillers are also injected into the skin through a cannula to provide symmetry to the face. It makes the youth triangle (known as “the golden triangle”) ratio prominent and enhances the v-line’s visibility.
C. Improve Acne Scarring
As the Dermal fillers in Singapore are injected under the skin of the scar, it either raises the depressed area, eliminating the blemish, or increases the production of natural collagen, increasing cell turnover and reducing the scar appearance.
Needle subcision is a procedure commonly involved in treating acne scars. It releases the acne scar from the skin tissue underneath by inserting a small needle below, which helps reduce the depth of the scar. After which, fillers are injected to prevent the scar fibers from rebinding.
Studies confirm that using hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in improving acne scars has been effective as it first softens the skin and improves elasticity. The second session improves volume along with increased production of collagen, elastin, and dermal, all of which collectively lighten acne scar marks.
How Long Do The Results Last?
Face fillers Singapore is not a permanent procedure, and the results last till the filler gets absorbed in the skin to be excreted naturally by the body. In general, the effects of dermal fillers last from 6 – 24 months depending on various factors, which include:
- The metabolization of the filler in the body
- The type of filler used
- The area it is injected into
- The procedure of injecting the filler
- The volume of dermal filler that is injected
- The depth in which the filler is injected
- The natural features and structure of your face
Due to the factors mentioned above, you may require touch-ups at least every 6 months to maintain the results of dermal fillers. However, the period of the results is prolonged with every session as the skin gains its volume and you need fewer injections.
What If I Don’t Like The Results?
The types of fillers that have been stated above present temporary results, and your face can revert to the original look as soon as the filler is absorbed in the skin and excreted out of the body. In case you are not content with your results and want to un-do the results immediately, you can always consult a physician that may provide you with different therapeutic approaches to reverse the effects in less time.
It is essential to discuss the filler brand and compound with your surgeon that is used as not all the available Face fillers in Singapore have temporary results.
Are Dermal Fillers Safe? Who Should Avoid Dermal Fillers?
Though dermal fillers are a non-surgical procedure, they still involve a few side effects, which are mild and go down within a few weeks. The treatment has little to no downtime, and the final results are visible in 7 – 10 days as the swelling goes away.
The common side effects include;
- Raised skin
- Skin rash
- Discoloration or increased pigmentation
Despite being a very safe treatment for cosmetic enhancement, there is still limitations. The people who should avoid using Dermal fillers include pregnant and breastfeeding ladies and those who intend to go for facial massages. It is preferred not to get fillers if you are going for any of such treatment, which applies pressure on your face and might move the fillers from their original location.
What Are The Risks Associated With Dermal Filler Injection?
Just like every other treatment and cosmetic procedure, certain guidelines need to be strictly followed to ensure the safety and efficacy of dermal fillers in Singapore. Some of the risks associated with the use of dermal filler injections are;
- Injuring a blood vessel with the needle may cause excessive internal bleeding
- Damaging the eye leading to blindness or permanent vision loss
- Leakage of the filler from the site if the wound does not heal properly
- Loss of movement of sensation in the injection site if a nerve is damaged
- Formation of nodule which then needs surgical excision
- An intense inflammatory reaction such as granuloma
- Disrupted symmetry of the facial features
- Death of skin tissue of the specific area if the blood flow is blocked due to the filler
- Movement or leakage of the filler to unwanted sites
- Constant feeling of something beneath the skin
These side effects can be minimized drastically if the procedure is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon or medical doctor. Hence, look for a trusted practitioner if you wish to undergo filler treatment.
The information stated above in the article is an ultimate guide for those who are considering getting dermal fillers to treat various cosmetic problems.
Dermal fillers in Singapore offer a safe treatment if all the guidelines are taken into consideration, and only a board-certified expert surgeon is chosen to inject the filler in a reputable clinical setting.