Are you anxious about the ugly-looking acne scars on your face? Sylfirm X treatment might be the solution to your problem.
Scarring is usually the major concern of an acne patient.  It not only ruins the beauty of the face but also shatters the confidence of the person suffering from it. Recent advancement in cosmetic surgery has made the removal of stubborn acne scars possible. Sylfirm X is the latest innovation in this regard. It is a minimally-invasive procedure that uses an ultra-short micro-needle system to treat acne scars.
In this blog, we shall talk about how acne scars are formed, and how Sylfirm X treatment works in the removal of acne scars. The following discussion includes everything you need to know about Sylfirm X acne removal treatment in Singapore.
How Acne Scars Are Formed?
Acne is a common skin condition that affects around 650 million of the population around the globe.  In this condition, the pores of the skin get blocked by sebum (oily secretion), bacteria, or dead skin cells, resulting in the formation of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Acne scars are formed when the acne breakouts penetrate the skin deeply and damage the skin and underlying tissues. Once the acne clears, our body tries to heal the damaged areas. Healing is a fibrous process in which the body produces and lays down collagen to fill the full-thickness injury. If the body produces too much (hypertrophic) or too little (atrophic) collagen, scars are formed.
About 40% of acne patients develop scars and most of them are atrophic scars.  They are characterized as pitted, rolling, or box scars.
What Is Sylfirm X?
Sylfirm X is the latest form of repeated ultra-fine micro-needle system with dual wave cutting edge technology. It combines wide ranges of radiofrequency pulses in 8 distinct continuous and pulse wave modes which enable it to selectively react to the abnormal blood vessels and tissues and treat vascular lesions, scars and pigmentations while restoring skin health.
Unlike most micro-needle devices which cause considerable mechanical and thermal damage, Sylfirm X acts gently on your skin due to its ultrafine micro-electrodes. Moreover, it works at 3 different treatment depths. Thus, it boosts collagen production in the deeper skin layers while delivering skin tightening and brightening results at the superficial layers of skin.
It has been clinically proven that Sylfirm X safely and effectively treats acne scars, and also improves the overall tone and appearance of the skin.
How Sylfirm X Work?
Sylfirm X uses microneedles and radiofrequency technology to transmit thermal energy deep into your skin. Its microelectrodes create an electromagnetic field of energy that penetrates the dermal layer of the skin without damaging the tissue. The robotic system ensures the accurate administration of the desired amount of energy into the specific depth during the treatment.
In the dermal layer, Sylfirm X imparts the following effects;
- Softening of the scar tissue: The radiofrequency energy of Sylfirm X breaks down the cellular and fibrous bands of scar tissue. In this way, it softens the acne scars and helps in their resolution.
- Shrinkage of abnormal blood vessels: Acne is sometimes associated with the formation of abnormal blood vessels that gives the acne scars a reddish discoloration. Sylfirm X shrinks down these abnormal blood vessels and gives a clear appearance to the skin.
- Induce collagen and elastin production: As mentioned earlier, acne scars are formed by the abnormal production of collagen. Sylfirm X rejuvenates and stimulates fibroblast cells to produce collagen and elastin. These proteins not only fill the deficient areas of the scar tissue but also provide strength, tone, and elasticity to the skin.
- Stimulate and repair basement membranes: Basement membrane is present between the epidermis and dermis. Its integrity is crucial for skin health as it acts as an anchor and a barrier; and is, therefore, responsible for homeostasis, tissue development, and repair. Sylfirm X repairs the dysregulated basement membranes and restores skin health.
- Promote tissue recovery: It also causes the production of new cells; therefore, plays a role in the recovery of damaged tissues.
- Reduce the secretions of oil glands: In the majority of cases, acne is formed by the production of excessive sebum and oily secretions by the skin glands. These secretions block the skin pores resulting in acne. Sylfirm X reduces the secretions of the oily glands and helps in relieving this skin condition.
What Is The Price Of Sylfirm X Treatment Singapore?
The average price of Sylfirm X acne removal treatment in Singapore ranges from $800 to $1000 per session. The following factors determine the total cost of the treatment;
- Severity and condition of the acne scars
- Size of the scars and area involved
- Number of treatment sessions required
- Skills and experience of the doctor
How Much Time Is Required For A Session To Complete?
Sylfirm X is a quick treatment for acne removal. A treatment session only takes 15 to 30 minutes to complete.
How Many Treatment Sessions Are Required?
One session is performed each month. Generally, 5 to 10 such sessions are required for acne scars removal and obtaining healthier and clearer-looking skin. The number of sessions required depends upon the severity and size of acne scars.
What Can I Expect After The Treatment?
The results of Sylfirm X treatment for acne scars removal unfold gradually as the skin heals. In most cases, patients see significant lightening of acne scars after their first three treatment session.
Moreover, you can also expect your skin to brighten and tighten after series of treatment sessions. This effect further delays the appearance of future signs of aging (like wrinkles, lines, red blood vessels and pigmentations).
Are The Results Permanent?
Yes, the results achieved from Sylfirm X treatment are permanent. Your acne scars after treatment will permanent after the completion of all treatment sessions.
Is The Treatment Painful?
Due to the ultrafine micro needles used, the patient feels minimal discomfort and pain during the treatment. The majority of the patients describe the treatment as completely pain-free.
Is The Sylfirm X Treatment Suitable For Darker Skin Tones?
Unlike other laser treatments, Sylfirm X can be safely used on darker and tanned skins. It targets the dermis while there is minimal thermo-stimulation of the epidermal (upper) layer of skin. Therefore, Sylfirm X is completely safe and suitable for all skin types.
What Is The Downtime Of Sylfirm X Treatment?
It is a minimally invasive procedure with almost negligible downtime. You can leave the clinic and resume your routine activities soon after getting the treatment.
Are There Any Side Effects?
After the Sylfirm X treatment, you can expect your skin to become slightly red, tight, and inflamed. You may also experience slight stinging like that of sunburn. It will relieve in 2 to 3 days. Other than that, there are virtually no side effects associated with Sylfirm X acne removal treatment.
What Is The Recovery Period?
The signs of redness, inflammation, and itching resolve within 2 to 3 days. On the 3rd day, you may notice a golden brownish appearance on your face. It is due to the formation of tiny brown “pixels” which look like a brown net over your face. These pixels drop off later in the form of the shedding of dry skin. This will resolve completely within 5 to 7 days.
What Is The Aftercare Of Sylfirm X Treatment?
For faster recovery and better results, the following post-treatment care guidelines are advised;
- Don’ts: It is advised that you should avoid exercise, swimming, hot baths, and sauna rooms during the first 24 hours after the treatment.
- Washing Of Face: While your skin is red and inflamed, wash your face with plain dry water or use a gentle soap.
- Cooling: Keep your face cool. For this purpose, use face masks that have been kept in the refrigerator.
- Hydration: Keep your facial skin hydrated. Moisturizing creams work well in this regard.
- Sun exposure: Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Protect Your Skin: Use sunblock or sunscreen and skin repair creams for faster recovery.
- Makeup: You can apply makeup once the redness and inflammation have subsided. Makeup can be used to mask the appearance of brown pixels.
- Prescribed Medications: Your doctor may also prescribe oral antibiotics and other creams depending upon your skin type. Follow all the instructions carefully and take medications on time.
- Skincare Products: Avoid using any kind of acidic and harsh skincare products like HA & BHA (e.g. glycolic, salicylic acid) lotions, retinoids, or strong acne creams (like benzoyl peroxide) for at least 10 days after Sylfirm X treatment. It is because these products may react with your skin and may interfere with the recovery process.
Sylfirm X is the latest form of RP (repeated ultra-short pulse) micro-needling technology. It is suitable for all skin types and permanently treats acne scars while restoring the tone and health of the skin. It has minimal downtime and recovery period and does not cause any serious side effects. Post-treatment care helps in better results and faster recovery.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.