A breast implant is a prosthesis that is used to improve the shape, size, and contour of the breast. They can be used in reconstructive surgery following mastectomy, for the correction of congenital flaws, and chest deformities, and for breast augmentation to enhance the size of the breast.
According to the Journal of Plastic Surgery, America, breast augmentation is the most common plastic surgery procedure that is performed worldwide. It represents 17.6% of all plastic surgery procedures in the USA.
Choosing a correct breast implant in Singapore can be a bit tricky because they need to be chosen according to the particular body shape and body type of the woman. New silicon technologies have been developed which have made implants more durable, safer, and natural.
Breast implants require a perfect balance of strength, natural look, and durability. Motiva is using the latest technology and has been the closest within these aspects in developing breast implants. Motiva implants give women as authentic a feel as possible while ensuring minimal risks and complications.
Let us understand why Motiva implants are one of the most popular and commonly used breast implants available in the market these days.
What Are Motiva Implants?
Motiva implants are a new variety of silicone implants that are manufactured under high guidance and supervision. The SilkSurface design and the scientific technology applied in manufacturing these implants ensure minimizing inflammation and other complications and provide longevity and durability to the implants.
Motiva implants are available in different shapes and sizes from Mini to Corse to suit the needs and choices of the women. Moreover, with ProgressiveGel Ultima® readily adapting to the natural body movement, these implants resemble the natural curvatures of the body. They are tear drop shaped in standing position and round in lying position which is how the natural breasts behave when the posture of the body changes. These implants thus mimic the natural breast tissue and give a more realistic feel.
What Are Different Types Of Motiva Implants?
Motiva implants can be divided into the following three categories;
- Motiva Round Implants: They provide a fuller body and a rounder appearance. These are the most commonly used types of breast implants. They are the right choice for you if you want more projected, fuller, and rounded breasts.
- Anatomical TrueFixation: These implants withhold their rotation-resistant anatomical teardrop shape which mimics the natural appearance of the breast.
- Motiva Ergonomix: These implants have a soft and elastic gel called Progressive Gel Ultima which keeps the breast as close to the natural contours as possible. Along with it, the flexible shell surface design and shape adaptability allow these breast implants to change their shape according to gravity and body posture so that they are round on lying down and teardrop on standing upwards just like the natural breast tissue.
What Is Motiva Ergonomix?
Motiva pioneers breast ergonomy to first-of-their-kind safety features and on top of that, it keeps the design as natural as possible.
Motiva Ergonomix implants, as the name indicates, have ergonomic properties. Just like natural breasts, these implants adopt a teardrop shape with a gentle curve when you stand or sit upright, or lie down on your side, while the same implant gets into a more rounded and fuller shape when you lie down flat on your back. The ProgressiveGel Ultima® moves naturally with the body and readily adapts to follow your body movements. These properties of Motiva Ergonomix enable your breast to look, feel and move like the natural mammary tissue.
What Shape Of Motiva Breast Implants Is Suitable For Me?
Motiva Ergonomix comes in standard or round and oval bases to suit the shape of the thorax of the women. Standard bases can be used for women with normal-sized chests, and oval bases can be used for women with wider or longer chests. Standard bases add a more prominent fullness in both the upper and lower quadrants of the breast. Oval base implants mimic the natural shape of the breast more closely and add volume to the lower part of the breast.
What Are The Uses Of Motiva Implants?
Motiva implants are used both for cosmetic enhancement reasons as well as breast reconstruction. The main uses of the implants are;
- Primary augmentation: For aesthetic improvement of size, shape, and form of the breast.
- Primary reconstruction: For the substitution of tissues that have been damaged or congenitally diseased.
- Revision and reconstruction: For correction of any mistakes made in the previous surgery.
What Are The Requirements To Get Motiva® Implants?
Following are the requirements and indications of breast augmentation in Singapore;
- The minimum age for breast reconstruction and breast enhancement is 18 years
- Should be fit for anesthesia
- Should be in general good health
- Should not have any bleeding disorder
- Should not have any comorbidities
- Replacement of breast tissue lost due to cancer or trauma
- Improper development of breast due to anomaly – etc
It is a surgical procedure and before undergoing the surgery, the surgical fitness of a woman needs to be evaluated.
Breast implants cannot be used in those who have any of the following conditions;
- Active infection in the body
- Existing breast carcinoma
- Premalignant fibrocystic disease in advanced stages
- Ongoing pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Any other reason considered a surgical problem
Are Motiva Implants Safe?
Motiva implants are safe and secure. These implants have fewer side effects as compared to other implants available on the market.
- Motiva implants are FDA-approved.
- These implants also have a double BluSeal Safety Technique that prevents the leaking of fluid from the implants.
- Textured implants may also cause a type of lymphoma called ALCL. Because of their nano-textured smooth surface, Motiva Breast implants both reduce the risks of ALCL and prevent carcinomas.
- Motiva implants also allow less colonization of bacteria and endotoxins as compared to other implants leading to an overall decreased risk of infection. It is because the uniform and nano-textured smooth shell surface, SilkSurfaceTM design, of Motiva implants do not allow the attachment and growth of bacteria (biofilm). Besides, the shell surface does not contain any salts, sugar crystals, or foreign materials, which in turn improves the biocompatibility of implants and minimizes the risks of tissue reactivity.
What Implant Size Should I Get?
While the size of a breast implant largely depends on the choice of a woman, the ideal size of breast implants for any woman would be one that does not exceed the outer boundary of the chest. Usually, in a plastic surgery clinic, your surgeon will advise which type and size of implants will be best suitable for you as per your physique, preferences, and desires.
Before choosing the size of the implant, you should keep the following tips in mind;
- Always choose implants according to your physique. A small, petite woman would achieve a natural look with small implants than a larger taller woman.
- Choose implants according to your lifestyle. For instance, for women who do running or workouts a lot, larger size implants can cause more backache and shoulder blade pain.
- List down all the questions beforehand that you might need to ask the surgeon so you don’t forget anything and all your queries are answered.
- Take the Plastic Surgeon’s advice as one consideration before deciding.
Can I Breastfeed After Breast Implant Surgery?
One of the most commonly asked questions by the women is if they would be able to breastfeed their child after they get implants? The answer to this is Yes!
Some people might think that implants can be a hindrance to breastfeeding. That is not the case at all. Breastfeeding includes milk production by the lactiferous glands and the movement of the produced milk via lactiferous ducts. Breast implants in Singapore do not interfere with the said structure and mechanism in any way, thus, allowing a woman to breastfeed her child even after having implants.
Can Breast Implants Interfere With Mammography?
Mammograms are recommended for women above 40 years. The use of mammograms can be negated only if the patient had a double mastectomy before the surgery.
Having a breast implant does not make mammograms useless but their effectiveness is largely decreased. With breast implants, the radiation is hindered leading to poor imaging quality and less detection of abnormal masses. So, people with regular implants have less chance of the cancer being discovered at an early stage.
Motiva implants provide greater radiation penetration. Thus, there are greater chances of detecting carcinoma and any other abnormality.
How Long Do Motiva Implants Last?
Many women believe that implants need to be changed after every 10 years, but that is not the case. Implants need to be changed only if they rupture or develop capsular contracture.
Motiva implants usually last for 10-15 years and a change is needed if any problem occurs. Patients are recommended to have a follow-up visit after every 10 years and also when any complications arise.
How Much Does Motiva Implants Singapore Cost?
Breast augmentation in Singapore using Motiva implants usually costs around $10,000 – $15,000. Being a cosmetic procedure, the prices are usually not covered by the health insurance policy. The cost also depends on the surgeon, hospital setting, stay in the hospital, and if any complications have developed or not.
What Complications Might Occur With Breast Augmentation Surgery?
Usually, breast surgery is a relatively painless procedure because the procedure is performed under general anesthesia. Besides, the risks of complications are minimal, however, some common problems after breast augmentation surgery may involve;
The other more severe and relatively less common complications include;
- Capsular contracture
- Reduced wound healing – etc
What Is The Recovery Time For Breast Implant Surgery?
Ideally, a patient recovers within 7-10 days. During the first 48 hours, you may experience redness, swelling, itching, or bruising. For smooth and faster recovery, the patient is encouraged to use a medical compression/support bra, take post-op medications regularly, and avoid any kind of strenuous activity. Your doctor may also prescribe a topical cream or an ointment for the above-mentioned side effects.
How To Find A Good Surgeon For Breast Augmentation Singapore?
To find a good surgeon for breast implants in Singapore, keep the following points in mind;
- Get a referral from a physician.
- Take reviews from the patients who have been treated before.
- Ask the surgeon about his years of experience, the number of procedures done, and their pictures if any.
Breast augmentation in Singapore is one of the commonest cosmetic procedures being performed these days. It has both cosmetic and breast reconstruction applications. Motiva implants are the preferred choice in this regard as they give a natural feel and appearance to your breasts. Risks of complications are minimal with a relatively faster recovery time. While the process can be a bit costly, the benefits attained by it are worth it to regain individual self-confidence.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.