Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures, not only in Singapore but around the world. Breast augmentation in Singapore involves using breast implants to give the desired shape and size to the breast. There is nothing wrong with wanting a curvier figure. With the latest technology and advancements in science, you can now get more natural results with minimal risks of side effects.
Breast augmentation is desired by women who want to increase the size of their breasts because they are small or they have lost their shape due to pregnancy and breastfeeding. Breast augmentation is a highly safe plastic surgery with the fewest side effects and complications. However, getting breast augmentation is a big decision, and you surely have some questions regarding the surgery. All those questions will be answered in this article.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is also known as augmentation mammoplasty, and it is done to increase the size of the breast. Other purposes of breast augmentation are to correct uneven breasts and to increase yourself-confidence.
Multiple techniques are now available for augmenting the size and shape of the breasts. One very effective and successful method of doing breast augmentation is the use of breast implants.
Which One Is The Suitable Breast Implant For You? How It Is Determined?
Your doctor will decide which type of implant is most suitable for your breast augmentation surgery. After proper assessment of the breast, the unique and customized procedure and breast implants are selected according to the desire and needs of the patient body. Before implant selection, the surgeon will assess the following:
- Body proportion
- Skin elasticity of the breast
- Any signs of droopiness
- Chest width
- Patient’s desired results
Breast Implant Options
A breast implant in Singapore is a prosthesis composed of a gel-like material in a moveable sac. For the past two decades, the quality of breast implants has been improving over time. More advanced techniques for placing breast implants have been devised. Besides, implants are now available in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and textures.
Types Of Breast Implants
There are two types of breast implants:
- Saline breast implants
- Silicone breast implants
Saline breast implants are silicone shells filled with saline solution, while silicone breast implants are filled with liquid silicone or cohesive gel. Silicone gel implants are the preferred type because they feel more real and natural. In the event of an implant rupture, saline solution can migrate to other parts of the body. However, in the case of silicone implants, the likelihood of that is lesser, making them a safer choice for breast augmentation in Singapore.
Different Textures Of Breast Implants
- Smooth Breast Implants: They are mobile and can move within the breast during activity, they feel comfortable and natural.
- Textured Breast Implants: They are less mobile than smooth breast implants and are very rarely repositioned.
- Nano-textured Breast Implants: This implant type is designed with the latest technology and the nano surface prevents implants from repositioning. The implant surface is also more compatible with the body’s cells and causes fewer complications associated with breast augmentation.
Different Shapes Of Breast Implants
- Round Breast Implants: These implants have a dome shape and are equally full in all areas. Round breast implants make the breasts feel fuller, giving more prominent cleavage. These implants do not alter the appearance of the breast even if it rotates its position.
- Tear Drop Breast Implants: These implants are fuller on the bottom than on the top. It helps the breast maintain its natural shape even when lying down. Teardrop implants have a firmer appearance and give a natural, enlarged look to the breasts.
- Motiva Ergonomix Implants: These implants are popular nowadays because they give your breasts a more natural appearance. In a lying-down position, the silicone gel is spread evenly in the implant, giving a rounded appearance. When standing upright, it transforms into a natural teardrop shape.
What Makes Motiva Ergonomix Breast Implants So Popular?
Motiva ergonomix breast implants have the following advantages:
- They are very comfortable, soft, and natural
- They move and change position naturally with the breast position
- They have a lower rate of complications
- Motiva ergonomix breast implants are softer and can be inserted through smaller incisions
What Gives Motiva Ergonomix Breast Implants A Natural Shape?
Motiva ergonomix breast implants used for breast augmentation in Singapore are composed of silicone gel, which has a good balance of viscosity and elasticity. This feature allows the breast implant to change its shape from round to teardrop shape according to the position of the body. When the patient is in a sitting or standing position, the gel moves downwards due to gravity, so the breast looks fuller on the bottom. On the other hand, in a lying position, gel moves back into a neutral and more rounded shape, just like in a natural breast. Essentially, with Motiva ergonomix implants, you get to enjoy 2 shapes in one implant which is not possible with other implant technologies.
Why Do Motiva Ergonomix Breast Implants Have A Low Complication Rate?
Motiva breast implants are manufactured using nanotechnology with undulations on the surface shell of the implants that give a textural appearance. The nano-textured surface of the implant is more bio-compatible with the surrounding cells and tissues of the breast. That’s why the scar tissue produced around the implant is thinner and softer, which gives a more natural and comfortable feel.
What Can You Expect From Breast Augmentation Surgery?
- Breast augmentation in Singapore can be done in the surgical center or hospital outpatient facility.
- You can be discharged the same day from the hospital. It rarely requires a hospital stay.
- This surgery can be done under general anesthesia.
During The Procedure
- The breast surgeon makes the incision with a single cut in the crease under the breast, under the arm, or around the nipples.
- After making the incision, the breast surgeon separates the breast tissue from the muscles. This is necessary to make space for the breast implant.
- After that, a breast implant is inserted in the space and positioned behind the nipples.
- After the placement of the implant, the incision is closed with the help of sutures and bandaged with surgical tape.
After The Procedure
- Post-surgical recovery is required and you will be under observation for a few hours.
- Medical staff will share tips on wound management and medication instructions
- It is recommended to have a friend or family member accompany you home after the procedure.
Recovery From Breast Implant Surgery
Your breast surgeon in Singapore will recommend you take medications that will decrease the swelling, relieve the pain, and decrease the risk of infection. The surgeon also recommends wearing a compression bra, which further decreases the swelling.
In the first two weeks, the surgeon will advise you to take rest and avoid doing exercise and strong physical activities. After two weeks, you can start your light-regular activities.
After four weeks, the surgeon will properly examine the incisions and check the healing process. If the wound is healing properly and the implants are in place, then you are good to resume all activities.
There are some important points you should follow during the recovery process:
- Eat a healthy diet rich in vegetables, meat, and fruits
- Take your medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor
- Sleep on your back
- Refrain from getting massages unless your doctor recommends it
How much Does Breast Implant Surgery Cost?
The price of breast implant surgery in Singapore depends on many factors like the size of the breast implant and the method of surgery. On average, breast implants in Singapore cost ranges from $15000 to $18,000.
Can You Get Breast Augmentation Revision?
Some people are not fully satisfied with their breast implants, so they can go for a breast augmentation revision. Most of the time, the incision is made at the same place so as to prevent new scar formation. Some people wish to change the implant entirely, while others may choose to opt for fat transfer.
Breast augmentation is a procedure that increases the size of the breasts. Breast augmentation in Singapore can be done by multiple techniques but the more successful and trendier method nowadays is breast implantation surgery. Breast implants, like motive breast implants in Singapore, are becoming very popular due to fewer complications, and their ability to adapt a natural-looking shape according to your body’s position.