Do you feel that your facial skin has started becoming loose and saggy, or is it the recently developed fine lines and wrinkles that are the matter of your concern? Well! Don’t worry. It is a normal part of the aging phenomenon, and there are plenty of solutions available now.
Botox facelift is one of the safest and quickest treatment options available in this regard. It reduces the signs of aging and gives a younger look to your face without leaving any telltale signs of surgery.
Let’s talk about this non-surgical facelift in Singapore in detail. You will find everything you need to know about Botox facelift in this blog.
What Is Botox Facelift Treatment?
Botox facelift is a modern treatment for sagging skin on the face. In this treatment, diluted concentrations of Botox are administered directly into the dermal layers of the skin in very small quantities with the help of very fine needles. It makes your skin tighter and more lifted, thus, giving a more youthful appearance to your face.
What Makes Botox Facelift Distinct From The Regular Botox?
The following things make Botox facelift different from the conventional botox;
Sites And Level Of Injection
The conventional Botox treatment is performed by injecting botulinum toxin specifically into the targeted muscles of the face. In contrast, the Botox facelift treatment is done at the skin level i.e. the intra-dermal injections of Botox are given within the layers of the skin.
Regular Botox treatment works at a specific targeted region. Therefore, it is suitable for diminishing lines and wrinkles confined to specific areas of the face, e.g. crow’s feet, frown lines, etc. On the other hand, Botox facelift causes a generalized reduction of lines and wrinkles and lifts the skin of your whole face.
There are fewer risks of undesirable effects like frozen facial expressions with Botox treatment.
How Does Botox Facelift Work?
Our skin contains a structural protein, named collagen, which provides it with strength and firmness. However, as we age and cross the age of 25, the natural synthesis of collagen in the skin starts declining. This leads to the appearance of lines and wrinkles on our face, and the skin also becomes saggy.
When the Botox is injected into the skin layers during the non-surgical facelift in Singapore, it imparts the following effects;
Skin Tightening And Closure Of Skin Pores
The direct administration of Botox into the skin results in the closure and contraction of skin pores, and they also reduce in size. This decrease in the surface area, in turn, makes the skin tighter, look more refined, and more radiant.
Cancellation Of The Downward Pull Of Muscles
Injecting Botox into the skin near the jawline also acts on the platysma and other muscles of the face which are responsible for producing a downward pull to the facial skin. By paralyzing these muscles, Botox imparts a cancellation effect to this downward pull. As a result, your cheeks and jowls appear lifted.
How Is The Botox Facelift Treatment Done?
Botox Facelift treatment in Singapore is done in the following steps;
- In the first meeting, your doctor will elaborate on the procedure to you, describe its pros and cons, and what to expect after the treatment. Meanwhile, the doctor will take your medical history and also assess your face to determine the areas where Botox should be injected to achieve a good facelift.
- You will be asked to sit comfortably in the treatment chair.
- First, your skin will be cleaned with a disinfectant.
- Then, a local anesthetic will be applied topically on your face to minimize the risks of infection.
- Your doctor will then mark the sites where Botox will be injected.
- After the pre-operative preparations, your doctor will use fine needles to strategically inject botox into the skin at specific locations on your face.
Post-treatment Evaluation And Instructions
- You will be asked to stay for a few minutes after which your face will be evaluated for any immediate side effects.
- Your doctor or nurse will give you instructions regarding post-treatment care. After that, you will be good to go.
What To Expect After The Treatment?
You can expect the following things after the Botox facelift treatment;
- The skin of your face will become smoother and tighter
- Your face will appear slim and more lifted
- You will have a more defined jawline and lifted jowls
- Significant reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin pores also get minimized
- No change in your natural expressions
- There may be mild bruising and swelling at the injection sites but it will be relived within few days.
What Is The Aftercare?
Here are few important aftercare guidelines that should be followed to obtain better results;
- You should remain upright for the first 6 hours after the procedure so that the injected material stays in the targeted area and does not diffuse into other regions.
- Rubbing or massaging the area should not be done for at least 3 days.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days as it may increase the risks of bleeding.
- You can apply to make up from the next day of the treatment.
When Will Be The Results Visible?
Right after getting the treatment, you will be able to notice subtle but considerable improvements on your face but you will have to wait for 2 weeks before the optimal results become apparent.
How Long Do The Results Last?
The results of Botox facelift treatment are not permanent and last for 3 to 6 months after one treatment session. So you have to undergo repeated treatments for longer-lasting results.
How Long Does It Take For A Session To Complete?
It takes only 15 to 30 minutes for a treatment session to be done. You can undergo the procedure during lunch breaks and get back to work right after the treatment.
Do I Need More Than One Treatment Session?
Like other cosmetic treatments, the results of Botox Facelift treatment are cumulative. Besides, the results of this non-surgical treatment are temporary. So, with repeated treatments, the results can be maintained over a longer period of time.
What Is The Downtime Of Botox Facelift Treatment?
This non-surgical facelift in Singapore has minimal or virtually no downtime. You can get back to your normal routine activities soon after getting the treatment.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The immediate side effects may include mild redness, swelling, and bruising at the injection sites. They are temporary and get alleviated within one week after the treatment. Otherwise, it is a very safe procedure and the risks of long-term and serious side effects are minimal.
Rare adverse effects may include,
- Allergic reactions
- Cold sore
- Flare-ups – etc.
What Is The Cost Of Botox Facelift Treatment In Singapore?
On average, the price of Botox facelift treatment in Singapore ranges from $800 to $1200. The total cost depends upon the factors described below;
- The severity of sagging and wrinkling of facial skin
- Area being treated
- Amount of Botox required
- Type of Botox used (Allergan or Dysport)
- Skills and experience of the doctor
- The locality of the treatment center
Am I A Good Candidate?
You are a good candidate for Botox facelift treatment, if;
- Your eyebrows, cheeks, and jawline have just begun to sag.
- You want your whole face to be rejuvenated in a single treatment.
- You don’t want to have permanent signs and scar marks like those associated with traditional surgical facelift treatments.
- You prefer a natural look over permanent and complete removal of lines and wrinkles i.e. Botox facelift treatment does not fade away all wrinkles completely
You should not undergo this non-surgical facelift treatment if you have any of the following conditions at the injection sites;
- Skin rash
- Skin sores
Undergoing the treatment in the presence of these conditions will result in complications. Therefore, you should postpone the procedure until you heal completely. You should also tell your doctor about any medications you are taking for these conditions. They may also interfere with the results.
Botox facelift treatment is a quick and safe way to address the wrinkling and sagging of facial skin. It provides a generalized lift to your whole face without producing any scar marks. It is the treatment of choice for those whose facial skins have just started showing signs of aging, and they want to overcome this problem in a single treatment with natural-looking results. It has negligible downtime and recovery period, and the risks of side effects are also minimal.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.