The face is our social interface. That’s why people are very much concerned about how their face looks. Unfortunately, the facial glory and youthfulness do not last forever. Eventually, aging signs start becoming apparent when you cross your 30s.
Wrinkling and sagging are the most prominent aging signs that make your face look old. Many surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments have been devised to address such problems. Thread lift treatment is very effective in this regard and has gained much popularity in the past couple of decades.
Despite its popularity, some misconceptions are found among the masses regarding this treatment. For example, some people think that it is an excruciating procedure and has many risks and side effects. Others think it is an expensive treatment that does not offer much benefit.
This article unveils the reality of thread lift treatment in Singapore.
What Is A Thread Lift Treatment?
Thread lift is a non-invasive and non-surgical cosmetic treatment in which the saggy skin of the face and neck region is lifted with the aid of temporary sutures.
How Does It Work?
Rejuvenating the skin using threads not only provides a noticeable ’lift’ to your face but also imparts anti-aging effects. The micro-injuries induced by the threads trigger the healing response of the skin. As a consequence, the fibroblasts present in the skin start producing greater amounts of collagen which improves the strength, tone, and elasticity of the skin. Your face appears youthful and more lifted.
What Are Different Types Of Threads Used In Facelift Singapore?
Facelift treatment in Singapore is done using the following different types of threads, PDO threads being the most popular ones.
Polydioxanone (PDO) Threads
These are synthetic threads made up of biocompatible material, Polydioxanone, first used in Korea. They are the most common threads used in the thread lift treatment in Singapore.
These threads get dissolved after 6 months but continue to stimulate collagen production in the skin for up to 1 year. In this way, they;
- Improves your skin texture
- Fades away lines and wrinkles from your face
- Provide a lift to your face and neck
- Reduce neck folds
PDO threads are further subdivided into 3 types. Each type has specific functions and modes of administration. These include;
These are smooth threads and do not contain any barbs. They are inserted in the skin in a mesh-like pattern and their main function is to provide a tightening effect to the facial skin.
They do not provide as much lift as other PDO threads but are particularly useful for smoothing lines and wrinkles of the face. They are often used along with cog threads to augment the lifting further and tightening effects on the skin.
These PDO threads have barbs along their length. When these threads are inserted, these barbs anchor the underlying surface of the skin and provide optimum support to lift the sagging tissue. Besides, the collagen production along the threads and the barbs renders further tone to the skin.
Due to the anchoring property, cog threads are particularly useful for face lift and defining the jawline.
These threads are intertwined around a needle in the combination of two and then inserted into the skin. These threads are designed to provide volume to the sunken parts of the face, and therefore are beneficial in achieving a perfectly V-shaped jawline.
Poly L-Lactic Acid (PLLA) – Silhouette Soft Threads
Silhouette threads are made up of a biocompatible polymer known as Poly L-Lactic acid. These threads have small protrusions along their length that resemble cone shapes. These protrusions grip the skin tissue and render a lifting effect.
Besides, when these threads biodegrade, they release lactic acid into the surrounding tissue that, in turn, induces collagen production, and also improves the hydration levels of the skin. In this way, PLLA threads activate the natural tissue rejuvenation and slow down the aging process of your skin.
How Is The Thread Lift Procedure Done In Singapore?
Facelift treatment in Singapore is done systemically. It comprises the following steps;
During your first appointment, your doctor will do the following things;
- Check whether you are a suitable candidate for thread lift treatment, or not.
- Assess your face and determine which types and number of threads will be needed.
- Tell you about the details of the treatment, including its procedure, downtime, recovery period, the longevity of results, potential side effects, etc.
- Discuss the results and what changes to expect after the treatment.
- You have to abide by some general instructions before your treatment, e.g. you must avoid caffeine and cigarettes for at least a week before getting thread lift (these things cause skin dehydration and alter the anaesthesia effects).
- On the procedure day, you will be asked to sit on a reclining chair. A local anaesthetic agent will be injected into your skin to make the procedure painless.
- The targeted area will, then, be disinfected to exclude any chances of wound infection.
- Your doctor will mark the areas where the threads need to be inserted.
- Small holes or entry points will be created with the help of a micro-needle.
- Threads will then be inserted with the aid of a catheter. Your doctor will make a supporting structure or framework under your skin to lift it and hold it into a tight position. Sutures will be applied.
- The procedure only takes 20 to 30 minutes. After the treatment, you will be monitored for a few minutes to look for any immediate bleeding or side effects. Meanwhile, you will be explained about the aftercare and post-treatment medications. After this, you will be good to go.
What To Expect After The Facelift Treatment?
You will see the immediate lifting of your face right after the treatment. There maybe mild swelling and bruising at the areas where threads are inserted. This will be completely resolved within a week.
The threads will remain there for about 6 to 9 months after which they get absorbed. Results will remain evident for one year after which they begin to diminish. You may need a revision treatment after every year to maintain the results.
What Is The Downtime And Recovery Time?
PDO thread lift has negligible downtime and a very short recovery period as compared to the traditional facelift procedures. You can return to work shortly after getting the treatment. The swelling and minor bruises at the treatment sites will resolve within 7 to 10 days.
Is There Any Aftercare Required After The Facelift Treatment?
Proper aftercare is required for a certain period to keep the threads in place before they get settled and to avoid any complications. This includes;
- Do cold compressions of the treatment area with the help of ice for 30 minutes 4 to 5 times daily during the first days.
- Sleep on your back and keep your head elevated with the help of pillows for at least a week.
- Don’t put any pressure on the face like massaging, or sleeping over your face.
- Avoid dental procedures for at least 2 weeks.
- Don’t apply makeup or facial creams for 2 days after the treatment.
- Avoid heavy exercise for 2 to 3 weeks
What Benefits Do You Get By Thread Lift Treatment?
Thread lift treatment renders the following benefits;
- Lifting of saggy skin
- The face appears more youthful and symmetrical
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- More defined and V-shaped jawline
- Lifted cheeks and brows
- Reduction of jowls and neck folds
Is Thread Lift A Painful Procedure?
No. Before the threads are inserted, the area is completely numbed with the help of a local anaesthetic agent. You will not anything during the procedure. Mild pain or discomfort maybe observed after the anaesthesia wears off but that too is countered by the use of painkillers.
Are There Any Side Effects And Complications Of Thread Lift Singapore?
Although the chances are unusual thread lift treatment does carry potential risks of side effects and complications. For example;
- Wound infection
- Foreign body reaction
- Threads displacement
- Injury of the facial nerve
- Asymmetrical face
- Skin depression
- Visible subcutaneous knots
What Is The Thread Lift Singapore Price?
The facelift Singapore cost ranges between $1,000 and $5,000. Multiple factors determine the final price of thread lift in Singapore. These include;
- Type and brand of thread used
- Number of threads used
- Area being treated
- Skills and experience of the doctor
- Facilitation center from where you have undergone the procedure
- Post-treatment medications
Who Is A Suitable Candidate For Facelift?
Although there is no specific age limit for undergoing a facelift, it is best suitable for men and women who are above 30 years of age. The reason is 30 is the age when signs of aging start becoming visible, and it is the right time to counter this phenomenon in its early stages.
Anyways, you are a suitable candidate for thread lift treatment, if;
- You have moderately saggy skin.
- The results of your previous thread lift treatment are diminishing.
- Your facial muscles are weak and they are making your brows and cheeks look saggy.
Thread lift treatment is not recommended for those who have;
- Very thin or fragile skin
- A high degree of sagging
- Heavy jowls
- Unrealistically high expectations
Facelift treatment Singapore is a highly safe and effective procedure to lift the saggy skin of the face and neck region. It is completely painless and has minimal downtime and recovery period. Although it is a costly procedure the benefits it provides match its price. The results remain for almost a year after which you may require to undergo a revision treatment to maintain the results.