Finding a breast surgeon in Singapore who is well versed in breast implant surgery would be key if you are considering a breast enhancement procedure. Preparing yourself with prior research can help you feel more confident about your decision. Moreover, it will help you prepare a list of detailed questions that will set you in the right direction.
There is a massive amount of disinformation about breast implant surgery. Therefore, we aim to provide reliable information and assist you in preparing properly. Of course, this will be in addition to all the details, your breast surgeon in Singapore should provide you.
Recommended Questions To Prepare For Your Consultation
Remember that the consultation will be the moment to clarify all the details and clear up any doubt. Making a list of questions will come in handy and having them during the consultation will avoid forgetting any query.
Breast implant surgery will modify your body. Therefore, you need to consider all your expectations and necessities before and after the process. These are some of the recommended questions to have on your list:
- Am I a proper candidate for breast implant surgery?
- Will I be able to breastfeed after breast implant surgery?
- Which are the best options for implants available to you?
- What are the risks to take into consideration?
- Is there a way to minimize the risks?
- When can I go back to work after surgery?
- What to expect for recovery after the surgery?
- How long will it take for my breast to heal?
- How long will the breast implants last?
- How big can my breasts get after surgery?
- How long will it take for my breasts to look natural?
- What operating room will be used?
- Which anesthesia will I receive?
Knowing The Type Of Breast Implant Available In Singapore
Choosing among the different models and brands of breast implant depends on many factors. One determining factor is the dimensions and skin condition of your breast. Part of the consultation with your plastic surgeon requires a deep examination and measurement to determine which will be the best option of implants.
Breast Implant Shape
The main two shapes available are the teardrop and the round shape. The teardrop shape implants are designed to emulate the natural movement and shape of a breast. Therefore they have a remarkable natural appearance. On the other hand, the round shape implants create the appearance of a high cleavage.
Breast Implant Material
The selection of the implant material is a choice you need to discuss thoughtfully with your breast surgeon. Although, learning about the two main options available is a wise decision. These main options are saline and silicone implants.
Their features can vary greatly according to their specifications. These materials have been well developed by recognized and trusted brands. Also, certain breast implants are approved by the FDA to be the highest safety materials for breast implant surgery. So do check with your breast surgeon on the brands used for your procedure.
Breast Implant Size
Depending on your expectation, you may already have an ideal size in mind. If you don’t, feel free to ask your breast surgeon for recommendations on the ideal breast implant size that fits your body proportions. If you want to keep a natural appearance, it is recommended that you should maintain a two-cup size difference as a maximum. This recommendation of two size modifications also avoids the risk of future complications.
Choosing Your Breast Surgeon In Singapore
Before entrusting your appearance and health to the breast surgeon, you need to know about his or her credentials in Singapore. Make sure to discuss key aspects of your surgeon experience.
The following recommendations are a guide on the factors to consider before deciding which breast surgeon you should go for.
- It is a must to learn if your surgeon is an accredited specialist in plastic surgery. The surgeon should be accredited by the Ministry of Health in Singapore.
- You should also know how often your surgeon performs breast implant operations. If your surgeon performs this procedure regularly, you can rely on a richer experience and precise skills. This is valuable for managing any complication or special technique for the best outcome.
- The response of each body to a procedure is different. It is reasonable to ask if you can see previous patients’ results from their breast implant surgery. The idea of browsing through before and after pictures is to learn about your surgeon’s skills results and what he or she is capable of. Each plastic surgeon has their own style and aesthetic sense, so make sure it is to your liking.
- The patient’s opinions and reviews about your surgeon are other reflections of its reputation. A fully experienced breast surgeon in Singapore will show you testimonials from their past patients. You can complement this information by researching websites and social media for patients’ reviews.
- Last but not least, you need to feel comfortable at all times during the consultation. You should be able to keep clear and smooth communication. Also, you should feel confident in your breast surgeon’s demeanor.
Payment And Financing Options
Breast implant surgery in Singapore can add up to quite a bit and most people may wish to know if it fits into their budget. As such, finding out the financing options provided will be helpful for your planning. You can ask for price estimates from your ideal plastic surgery clinic in Singapore before deciding which surgeon to approach.
Check Your Health And Medical History
Breast implant surgery is an invasive procedure. That will require general anesthesia and it is important to make any health conditions known to your breast surgeon. Part of the consultation with your breast implant surgeon includes evaluating you as a candidate for the procedure. This is to ensure the highest success rate and your safety.
This evaluation involves assessing your overall physical and mental health. Your body can not be undergoing any infection or illness. Your breast symmetry and skin condition around the area will be evaluated. You need to keep realistic expectations and understand the implications that come with breast implant surgery.
You must indicate any health conditions, disease, or drug allergy as this concerns the assessment and planning for your breast implant surgery. Some medical conditions such as heart diseases or diabetes may affect a person’s fit for surgical procedures.
Hence, declaration of your health status is paramount to your safety during surgery. Make a list of any medication you are taking before the consultation with your breast surgeon.
Planning Your Recovery
Breast implant surgery is not a procedure without downtime. Generally, recovery will take around 7 to 10 days.
Plan your social activities at least 2 weeks after your breast implant procedure so you have ample time to rest and recover. That takes the stress out of having to meet people when you are not ready.
The Healthy State Of Mind For Breast Implant Surgery
The decision to go for breast implant surgery can be driven by physical, emotional, or psychological motivations. It is a personal decision and one should never undergo plastic surgery if they have an unhealthy mindset.
While finding the right breast surgeon in Singapore is crucial, understanding your true motivations and objectives for undergoing breast implant surgery are equally important.
If you need more advice on breast implant surgery, speak to your breast surgeon in Singapore and find out if you are a good fit for the procedure.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.