Ageing is natural and it is inevitable. As we grow older, different body organs age with us too, and the skin is no different. Besides the natural ageing process, some extrinsic factors like sunlight, air pollution, and smoking induce different ageing signs as they have a direct impact on our skin. Furthermore, the structural changes that come with age in our bones, fat pads, muscles, ligaments, and skin make our skin look worse. The impact of all these factors mentioned above is pretty evident in the neck region where the exposed skin shows textural changes and becomes loose, inelastic, and wrinkled. Fortunately, treatment options like neck thread lift can help fix the sagging skin and turkey neck issues, bringing a more youthful look back.
Common Signs of Aging On The Neck
Some common ageing signs that start appearing on the neck include:
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles and necklines often show up as one grows older. This is because our skin starts losing elasticity and is often exposed to UV radiation from the sun. Premature wrinkles may also appear because of smoking or excessive phone usage that keeps the face and the neck in a certain position as we look down at our cell phone screens.
- Sagging Skin (Turkey Neck): Wrinkled and sagging skin around the neck is often referred to as “Turkey Neck” and it’s another common ageing side effect. Turkey neck is usually the result of weakened neck muscles and the lack of elasticity in the skin.
- Double Chin: Quite often, weight gain is considered the main reason behind a double chin. However, that’s not the only thing that causes it. It can also result from loose skin that comes as a byproduct of ageing or one may be genetically prone to it. The chin and neck muscles may also weaken due to poor posture and one may develop a double chin with time for this reason as well.
Treating Sagging Skin With Neck Thread Lift
Neck Thread Lift can be an effective, minimally invasive treatment option for sagging skin around the neck area. Let’s find out what it is and how it can help with skin rejuvenation.
What is Neck Thread Lift?
A Neck Thread Lift is a minimally invasive procedure that gently lifts the sagging skin in the neck area. Made as a structure that provides support to the skin tissues in the face and the neck, a thread lift offers a more youthful look. During this procedure, the skin tissues are repositioned and given a lifting effect by inserting a thread just under the skin surface. It takes only a few minutes to place each thread and like regular sutures, they dissolve over time.
How Does It Help With Neck Rejuvenation?
The procedure uses PDO threads that are made of polydioxanone material. These PDO threads come with painless barbs that work as cogs that help grasp and lift the treatment site. The threads are tugged or massaged in place so that the skin tissue can be repositioned effectively and the desired lifting effect is created to contour the neck better.
The threads inserted into the skin do not just provide a lifting effect, but they also trigger the production of new collagen. As a result, the skin elasticity is enhanced, and one gets a plumper and more youthful appearance. A thread lift procedure also decreases the neck folds that appear with age and rejuvenates the skin by stimulating the production of elastin fibres.
After a neck thread lift, the patients experience an instant lifting effect around their neck area. And, the results continue to improve for the next few months as the skin starts producing new collagen.
What Is the Neck Thread Lift Process Like?
Before starting the procedure, the doctor identifies and marks the area that has to be treated. This is to ensure precision and that the desired lifting effect is achieved. After marking the area for treatment, they will follow the steps below.
- The anaesthetic cream is applied to the skin for 30-45 minutes to keep the procedure comfortable. Local anaesthesia may be given for a more comfortable treatment experience.
- After that, they will clean the neck and insert a cannula or needle into the skin to place the threads in the desired locations. The threads are placed in parallel positions and angles in the direction for lifting and tissue repositioning. This entire process can take around 30-45 minutes.
- Once the thread insertion is completed, they clean the neck and remove the needles. At this point, the patients will feel slight tightening or pressure under their skin. The area may be massaged to enhance the contour or adjust the position of the soft tissues.
- The doctor then inspects the results for a few minutes and if they are satisfied, the patient can return home to rest.
What Is Recovery Like After Neck Thread Lift?
Generally, the need after the Neck Thread Lift procedure is around 10 to 14 days. The procedure is done in the area below the patient’s jawline and, therefore, any minor needle marks aren’t directly visible. Furthermore, these minor marks also go away over time.
Slight swelling and bruising might be experienced at the treatment site. The patients can expect the swollen area to dissolve with time, and it can be done quicker with the help of a specially-designed fixative dressing and anti-swelling medication. Some bruises and needle stains are also common – as one would expect with most procedures done using needles –but proper care can help minimize this safely.
How Long Do Results Last?
Even though the results of the procedure are not permanent, one can expect continuous improvements in the first 3 to 6 months as collagen remodelling takes place beneath the skin. The results from each treatment can last between 18 to 24 months. Should one require more lifting in the future, the procedure can be repeated to enhance the neck contours.
Can It Be Combined With Other Treatments?
Yes, it is very much possible to combine Neck Thread Lift with other skin treatments like Botox, HIFU, and radio frequency-based treatments for better skin rejuvenation. The effects of various treatments address different concerns and bring about different rejuvenation results. A multi-prong approach will definitely enhance the neck rejuvenation outcome or act as a form of maintenance to prolong the results from your neck thread lift treatment.
Who To Look For?
In order to get the best results, it is important that the treatment is performed by a highly-trained plastic surgeon who has experience with thread lifting. Ask for how long they have been in practice and if it is the area of their specialization. If the doctor has other qualifications and performs other treatments like Dermal Fillers and Botox, that’s even better as they’ll have an advanced understanding of how these treatments can work with neck Thread Lift and how they impart a rejuvenation effect into the skin. It is also a good idea to ask for before/after pictures from their past patients and see what kind of results they delivered.
Neck Thread Lift is a minimally invasive procedure and, when done right, it is an effective neck rejuvenation treatment. It’s a great way to reverse the ageing signs around the neck area without having to go under the knife and it reduces the risk associated with surgeries. The procedure triggers skin’s natural collagen production and repositions sagging tissue effectively without leaving any scars, therefore, it gives a more natural result.