A slim and toned physique can be achieved through proper exercise and a healthy diet plan. However, some individuals are unable to get rid of fat present in certain areas of the body even through consistent exercise. There are some suitable surgical or nonsurgical fat reduction procedures such as Liposuction and CoolSculpting.
These methods are proven to be effective in reducing adipose tissue and improving body contour. CoolSculpting is suitable for removing small areas of fat, while liposuction in Singapore is fit for removing large portions of fat.
This article includes everything you need to know about Liposuction and CoolSculpting. There is a complete discussion about how these two procedures are different from each other, and what benefits, side effects and complications are associated with these fat removal treatments.
What Is Liposuction And Its Procedure?
Liposuction is one of the most commonly performed surgical techniques in plastic surgery. It is a surgical approach for removing large portions of fat and improving body contour. You can return to work and resume your normal daily activities within 10 to 14 days after surgery.
Liposuction surgery in Singapore allows more fat to be removed during a single session. This procedure involves the following basic steps:
- Small incision is made around the area from where the fat needs to be removed
- A cannula (a thin tube) will then be inserted through the incision to suck out the fat
- Local or general anesthesia may be used for this procedure
- The choice of local or general anesthesia mainly depends
- The amount of fat to be removed
- The number of areas to be treated
What Is CoolSculpting And Its Procedure?
CoolSculpting is a non-surgical fat reduction technique and is suitable for removing relatively smaller amounts of fat. This method uses a device working on cryo-lipolysis technology to remove localized subcutaneous fat. A vacuum applicator is used to deliver controlled cooling at the surface of the skin and fat cells are exposed to a critically low temperature. The device induces crystallization and successive cell death in targeted fat cells.
This procedure is safe and involves the following basic steps:
- The first step is the application of a gel pad. An applicator will then be placed over the skin to freeze fat cells.
- A vacuum in the applicator will suck the skin and fat up to contact the pad. It will stay in place for about 30 to 40 minutes
- The device freezes fat cells which will cause their crystallization
- After this, the pad will be removed and a gentle massage will be given to the area to break up the fat crystals
- The fat cells will be later removed by the body naturally.
What Are The Areas Where Liposuction And CoolSculpting can be used?
Liposuction can remove fat from the following areas of the body;
- Lower legs
- Upper arms
- The area under the chin
CoolSculpting is suitable for removing fat from the following areas of the body:
- The area under the chin
- Inner thighs
- Outer thighs
How Is The Recovery Be Like After Liposuction And CoolSculpting?
Liposuction Recovery time
Liposuction in Singapore in comparison to CoolSculpting has a slower recovery time. You can return to your daily activities, 10 to 14 days after the surgery. There are some recommendations for you, which are offered by the doctors to speed up the recovery process following liposuction. For instance, you should;
- Engage yourself in plenty of light activities such as slow walks around the house
- Avoid long periods of sitting or lying down
- Wearing a compression garment for at least 4 weeks following surgery
- You may need additional support for excess skin after the procedure if dealing with obesity
Coolsculpting Recovery time
As far as CoolSculpting is concerned, the treatment does not involve downtime. You can continue with your normal daily activities right after the procedure.
How Effective Are The Liposuction And CoolSculpting Treatments?
- This procedure can remove a larger amount of fat in a single session
- It also offers an option for you to use the removed fat in another area of the body, such as the breast or face
- You may wish to go for this surgery to contour your body
- You will notice the signs of progress in body contouring within days of surgery
- It can take months for your body to adjust fully to your new body contours after the surgery
- You may notice the full effects after a few weeks but it varies from body to body
- It only targets a few millimeters of fat just below the skin
- You may need several treatments to achieve more visible transformation results
What Is The Liposuction And CoolSculpting Cost Singapore?
Liposuction aims to remove the fat in one single session and its cost varies depending upon the treatment area and amount of fat to be removed. This cost also depends on the clinic in which the procedure is being offered. The average liposuction price in Singapore starts from $3,500 onwards.
CoolSculpting, on the other hand, usually requires multiple procedures and its cost majorly depends upon the number of sessions required. A personalized plan is being offered by different clinics, which can cost from $2,000 to $4,000.
What Are The Possible Risks And Side Effects Associated With Liposuction And CoolSculpting?
Liposuction surgery Singapore is relatively safe, but the possible risks and side effects associated with it are relatively more than CoolSculpting. These may include:
Some side effects may appear months after the surgery. You may experience:
- Seroma – is a fluid-filled sac that develops under the skin after surgery. However, it may disappear without any treatment, or it may require draining with a needle and syringe
- Fat necrosis (tissue damage)
- Changes in body contours – during the recovery process
On the other hand, CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure, and hence, it carries fewer risks of side effects and complications. These side effects will go away within a few days after the procedure. These include:
- Mild bruising
- Tingling and numbness in the area
- CoolSculpting may lead to paradoxical adipose hyperplasia (PAH)
- It is a very rare case
- It causes the fat in the treated area to grow larger
- Usually seen in males
- It can be treated with liposuction
For both of these procedures, doctors recommend you to
- Adopt healthy eating habits
- Engage yourself in regular physical activity afterward
Who Is A Good Candidate For Liposuction And CoolSculpting?
You must be in good physical health if you want to go for Liposuction or CoolSculpting. None of these procedures is a long-term solution for your weight loss. Therefore, a healthy diet and lifestyle are required to maintain the results. These are the only effective ways to manage your weight over time.
- If you want to get rid of larger amounts of fat and need a more dramatic change to your body contour, then liposuction is the right treatment for you.
- CoolSculpting is unlikely to make a significant difference to your body’s composition. It only provides mild to moderate fat removal. Therefore, if you are wishing to remove only a small amount of fat from your body, and your main aim is to sculpt your body into a better and more defined shape, then this treatment is suitable for you.
There are some suitable surgical or nonsurgical fat reduction procedures for you if you are unable to remove fat from certain areas of your body through consistent exercise and a proper diet. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive fat reduction technique, suitable for removing small areas of fat without any downtime. However, Liposuction in Singapore is a surgical approach for removing large portions of fat and improving body contour. It offers a slower recovery and you can resume your daily activities within a week of surgery. In both cases, you have to follow a healthful diet and need to exercise regularly to stay fit because none of these procedures is a long-term solution for weight reduction.
About Dream Aesthetics and Plastic Surgery
Bespoke surgical for cosmetic or medical reasons is what Dream covers to bring out the beauty in every individual. Going beyond the aesthetics and working on physical anomalies are what we value the most in leading our patients to cherish self-improvement and confident lifestyles.
Derived from Associate Professor Vincent Yeow’s long-standing experience performing plastic surgery in Singapore, our treatment plans deliver physical remodelling in our patients’ favour. One of the notable remodellings is droopy eyelid correction. The ptosis surgery used for treatment eventually fixes drooping eyelids, improves vision and enhances appearance.
Most importantly, as a trustworthy plastic surgery and aesthetic clinic, we treasure positive and natural outcomes for each individual. We will ensure to deliver the beauty refinement of your dream without compromising your safety and privacy.