A lot of women are apprehensive about having small sized breasts these days. They feel less confident about their body, which indirectly hurts their self-esteem. If that’s you or you know someone like that, this article will open up new doors.
There are several methods available for breast augmentation. The topmost popular option among women is breast implants. Breast augmentation is the technique through which women can achieve bigger busts with the help of saline or silicone implants.
Although many women want to have larger breasts, they don’t like to get breast implantation. These women don’t want prosthetic breast implants to be a part of their bodies. This can be due to several reasons, including cynicism for injecting a foreign object in their bodies, fear of fake-looking results, and reservations about the lengthy recovery periods.
Hence, the majority of women are more inclined towards a natural and minimally invasive technique that does not include grafting of prosthetics. Thanks to the fat transfer breast augmentation technique, many women can now fulfill their dream appearance naturally and reinforce their confidence.
Natural breast augmentation is a minimally invasive alternative that does not involve implant placement and has a shorter recovery time with more natural and realistic outcomes.
Trend for Fat Grafting to The Breast in Singapore
According to a medical caretaker service representative, DocfinderKorea, fat transfer breast augmentation Singapore accounted for more than 40 percent of clients who underwent fat grafting in 2016.
These statistics are supported by the local practitioners who stated that they had observed an increased inclination towards the fat grafting technique. These surgeons have mentioned that there has been a steep rise in the number of fat grafting procedures done, from one in two to three months in the past five years to two to three cases per month.
Moreover, many people who have already undergone breast implantation surgery in the past are now looking to get their implants removed. And are preferring the natural fat grafting procedure for more natural-looking outcomes with no prosthetics.
How Does Fat Grafting for Breast Augmentation Work?
In a natural fat transfer breast augmentation procedure, fat from a patient’s own body part, such as the abdomen, thighs, or buttocks, is removed and transferred to the breasts and hence called autologous fat grafting.
The fat from these body parts is liposuctioned and injected into the breasts, giving them extra volume naturally. This results in a redefined contour of the breasts and an enhanced figure overall, addressing two concerns at one go.
Fat transfer breast augmentation in Singapore is done under sedation or general anesthesia, depending on your health condition and the required amount of fat transposition. Fat is removed through a gentle liposuction method. Next, the fat cells are treated to decontaminate them, enhance growth and viability, and then proficiently injected into the breast tissues.
The fat grafting procedure means that the indigenous fat in your breasts’ bonds naturally with the injected fat cells obtained from another region in your body. As the fat cells are taken from the patient’s own body, there is a very low risk of rejection, with the new blood vessels integrating into the fat cells naturally.
Another term denoted for breast augmentation is stem cell breast augmentation, as the fat cells also contain stem cells that can further differentiate into fat after injection into your breasts.
How Big Can You Go?
The final size of your breast after fat transfer breast augmentation depends on your current breast size, shape, and sagginess, as well as the amount of extra fat in your body. As this procedure makes use of your body fat, there is a limit to the extent of fat removal from various parts of your body.
Moreover, because the fat tissue does not have its own blood supply to stay alive, a large amount of fat has to be injected to make up for a small percentage which will be lost as the fat cells adapt to its new location.
Thus, it is reasonable to expect that your breasts will augment from 1 to a 1.5 size after a single session. This means if you have an A-cup size currently, it can expand to a full B-cup size at best.
Who Is It Suitable For?
Although fat transfer breast augmentation Singapore is becoming increasingly popular and in-demand, this procedure may not be suitable for everyone. Before deciding to go for this procedure, you should evaluate if this augmentation technique is actually meant for your body type.
Fat grafting is not suitable for you if:
- You have very low reserves of body fat
- You are on certain prescription medications
- You are not in a healthy state
- You have other health comorbidities
A suitable candidate for this procedure is someone who:
- Is physically healthy
- Has a stable body weight
- Has an adequate amount of body fat
- Women who have grade 1 ptosis (sagging breasts)
- Wants minor enhancement of breasts
However, you should book a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Your doctor will educate you about the procedure, its benefits, possible risks associated with it, and if it suits your particular case or not. This will help you make an informed decision while deciding on breast augmentation techniques.
Pros and Cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Singapore
Like every medical treatment and surgical procedure, fat transfer breast augmentation also has its pros and cons. Thus, it is important to be aware of them and make your mind accordingly, saving yourself from unwanted outcomes later on.
You can evaluate the procedure on the following pros and cons and decide if it is worthwhile for your body.
Pros of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Does not make use of a prosthetic implant – eliminates the need for implant replacement every 10 years.
- Involves placement of small incisions – only 4-millimeter incisions are made for liposuction of fat tissue to remove and re-inject it.
- Employs the fat from the patient’s own body, so has a greater chance of acceptance and minimal risk of rejection.
- Comparatively lesser complication rate
- Unlike breast implantation surgery, this procedure does not need any maintenance
- Produces natural results of breast expansion
- Has a two-fold benefit of recontouring bulky body parts having excess fat such as thighs and abdomen
- Considered as a safe procedure as the patient’s own body fat is used as filler
- Produce patient-satisfactory outcomes
- Researchhas shown fat transfer breast augmentation does not promote cancer recurrence or complications.
Cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Does not entail a standard technique – discuss the procedure and how will it be performed with your surgeon
- There is a limit to increasing the size of breasts
- A breast lift may still be needed
- The outcomes of the procedure may reverse due to reabsorption of the grafted fat tissue
- Calcifications produced might impede breast cancer imaging
- There should be surplus fat in the patient’s body for successful outcomes
How Do You Maintain Your Natural Breast Augmentation Results?
In order to maintain the results of your fat transfer breast augmentation, you should adopt healthy lifestyle habits. The following are some measures you can take to sustain your augmentation results.
- Maintain a steady body weight – so that the expanded contours are maintained.
- Maintaining your weight at an optimum level is important as shedding pounds will lead to a reduction in the volume of your breasts. This occurs because of the dissolution of fat tissue that will occur in response to losing weight.
- Follow a healthy diet – to keep your physical fitness on top at all times.
- Exercise regularly – to enhance blood circulation in your body.
Look for A Qualified Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation Singapore Plastic Surgeon
Fat transfer breast augmentation is increasingly accepted among people worldwide due to its greater benefits than risks and remarkable results. However, it is very important for you to have realistic expectations from the breast augmentation procedure.
You should always opt for a professional clinical setting with a board-certified and skilled plastic surgeon. Dream Plastic Surgery offers both!
Discuss your case with a doctor, and talk about your needs and desires. When resorting to the actual procedure, ensure that you are being offered the best possible expertise from your surgeon and the facilities from your clinic. An informed and educated decision will help you choose wisely and ensure the end-results identical to what you initially wanted.
Reconstructive and plastic surgeons at Dream Plastic Surgery Singapore specialize in breast reconstruction and augmentation using autologous fat grafting and have years of experience delivering promising outcomes, leaving the patients happy and fully-satisfied.