Facial Asymmetry Correction
The key to looking beautiful is to have a symmetrical face. When a face with a great bone structure is asymmetrical, it looks unappealing. On the contrary, the more symmetrical a face is, the more comfortable, delicate, beautiful and charming it looks. Most of Korea's best beauty stars have a balanced bone structure and a perfectly symmetrical face. These faces look attractive from any camera angle.
Patients Suitable For Surgery
- Those with misaligned centers of the upper and lower lip.
- Those with misaligned centers of the upper and lower teeth.
- Those with a misalignment between the center of the nose and upper teeth.
- Those with two different chin lines (left & right).
- Those using different side of muscles when repetitively closing and opening your mouth with your fingers in your ears.
- Those who tend to chew food with one side of the jaw muscles.
- Those with a mouth misaligned to one side when closed and also those whose mouths are misaligned when open.
During your consultation, we can include a virtual simulation to explore the types of surgical outcomes you can get from this procedure.
Digital 3D CT (precisely calculates portions of the facial bones that need to be incised, the direction that facial bones need to be shifted towards and its extent of shifting, and predicts the postoperative results). Even slight asymmetry can be perfectly corrected.
A double-jaw surgery correcting asymmetry or facial contouring surgery correcting asymmetry is performed (considering each patient's needs) to create the most natural and ideal symmetrical face.
1. All Types of Asymmetry Correction Possible by Thorough 3D Diagnosis & Surgical Planning
- There are many asymmetries in a face like left-right asymmetry. As various angular asymmetries (left-right asymmetry, front-back asymmetry, upper-lower asymmetry, etc.) exist in a single face, those need to be assessed accurately before a surgery.
2. Delicate Diagnosis on Adjacent Soft Tissue
- An asymmetrical face can be caused not just by bone structure, but adjacent soft tissues (muscles, fat, skin) as well.
- These soft tissues also tend to return to their original state as time goes by after the surgery. Muscles especially tend to continue reverting to their original asymmetrical state. Therefore, the power of those tissues trying to maintain homeostasis needs to be thoroughly calculated and considered when planning to exfoliate muscles adjacent to the bones. Without an understanding and delicate treatment of soft tissues, it is difficult to get long-lasting satisfaction from surgery. Therefore, specialists such as those in Dream, who are skilled in the movement of skin and muscles as well as alveolar bone are needed.
3. Proficient Manual Skills Gained from Long-term Experience
- Asymmetry surgery requires accuracy and meticulous planning from diagnosis, analysis, surgery to post-surgery care.
1. Double-jaw Surgery Correcting Facial Asymmetry
Facial asymmetry is normally caused by the tilted axis of the upper and lower jaw (the occlusal surface of teeth is not horizontal). In this situation, it is corrected by a double-jaw surgery combined with an osteotomy of the upper and lower jaw. The slanted upper jaw is turned horizontally and the slanted center line of the lower jaw is also rotated horizontally to be aligned with the upper jaw.
2. Facial Contouring Surgery Correcting Facial Asymmetry
Facial contouring surgery correcting facial asymmetry is mainly performed if one side of the chin has overgrown or undergrown and one side of the cheekbones or square chin has overgrown or undergrown despite a normal occlusion and jawbone. In this case, these symptoms can be corrected relatively simply by this surgery. If the nose is deviated due to the asymmetrical problem, it can also be corrected.
CONTACT OUR CLINIC TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FACIAL ASYMMETRY SURGERY
If you would like to view some before & after pictures or find out how we can customise your procedure results, contact us at 65 6871 8888 or fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.