Fat Grafting For Body
Free fat grafting is a surgical procedure where fat from another part of the body is injected or grafted onto areas requiring volume enhancement, to produce safe, long-lasting results with a natural look. Fat grafting is commonly used in breast and buttock augmentation, usually in place of traditional implants.
Free fat grafting usually involves extracting fat from one part of the body, washing and purifying it, and then carefully re-implanting it into the areas requiring augmentation. Changes to the contour of the body can be accomplished for a fuller or shapelier appearance. Any swelling or bruising should completely subside in 2 to 3 weeks.
SURGERY TIME & THE AMOUNT OF FAT GRAFTED
The fat is usually extracted from an abdominal region, or from the thigh under the hip for a lean person. Depending on the person's body frame, different amounts of fat are required to achieve desired results. The addition of 200cc to the chest of a lean-looking woman makes a significant difference while the same 200cc added to the chest of a heavier-framed woman is barely noticeable, hence, the surgeon needs to assess an individual's build, height and expectations before customizing a comprehensive treatment plan.
During your consultation, we can include a virtual simulation to explore the types of surgical outcomes you can get from this procedure.
After surgery, the grafting adds volume and contours for a more feminine silhouette.
- 4 weeks after surgery: injected cells take their place, which in turn gives the person an appealing contour.
- 2 months: as the swelling subsides, some volume (20~30%) is correspondingly reduced.
- 2~6 months: the functions of grafted cells are temporarily suppressed, causing an uncertain reduction of volume.
- After 6 months: eventually, grafted fat tissues settle down completely and become semi-permanent.
Preparations before surgery
- It is recommended to shower before arriving for the procedure.
- Wearing jewellery or accessories is not recommended just before surgery. If possible, undergarments in contact with areas undergoing fat extraction should not be worn.
- It is important to fully disclose one's medical history to the specialists, especially those involving high blood pressure, diabetes, medication containing steroids or traditional medicines.
CONTACT OUR CLINIC TO LEARN MORE ABOUT FAT GRAFTING SURGERY
If you would like to view some before & after pictures or find out how we can customise your procedure results, contact us at 65 6871 8888 or fill in our enquiry form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.